Posted on Feb 9th, 2012
Jul 29th 2013 at 7:26pm
Apps Like Whoah!
So, as many of you know, in addition to being a writer and filmmaker, I am also a programmer in several languages. Most recently, I have gotten into Objective-C for iOS and Mac. I recently announced the official app of Edgeworks Entertainment, and now I have a HUGE update for you all.
For the last two months, I have poured all my energy into making apps. And in that time, I have created eight new apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac. They range from productivity and networking tools to zombie simulator games, and there are more on the way. These apps are my latest attempt to generate some passive income, which will help me fund my more complex projects like webseries and feature films. And more importantly (and excitingly): they're beginning to work. The random downloads that happen from being a part of the App Store are starting to take hold, and each day I'm making more money than the last.
I've been so focused on making them, though, that I haven't quite gotten around to MARKETING them, until now. I am making a big push to get the word out about these apps and drum up as many downloads as I can. My first step: get my loyal Edgeworks fans to try them out, and recommend them to others. So here they are, my entire portfolio to date:
• Zombified - An exercise in world-destruction, Zombified is a zombie apocalypse simulator that takes in user-defined variables and then generates an automatic, step-by-step look at the end of the world. Build a population of procedurally-generated civilians, drop in a zombie and watch the events unfold! With global headlines you can follow along with every attack, and watch as the survivors fall before the horde and then struggle to turn the tide. And by importing your contacts, your friends will be a part of the simulation! Watch them flee for their lives or stand and fight, and who knows who will be alive by the end!
• Tabular/Tabular Pro - Tabular is the best way to keep track of who owes you money, and who you owe in return. Tabular interfaces directly with your Address Book, so you can associate each entry with a specific person. No more shuffling through stacks of receipts or trying to remember who bought the last pizza, with Tabular it's all organized and recorded for you, with picture thumbnails automatically pulled from your Contacts for easy navigation. And for those who always want to be up-to-date, Tabular Pro is ad-free and backs up and syncs your records automatically through iCloud.
• Dossier - Dossier is the essential networking tool for professionals. Centered around the people in your Address Book, Dossier allows you to keep track of how you met your most important contacts, what their goals are, what you've discussed, and any other important piece of information you'd like to remember. Never be unprepared for a meeting again: just glance at Dossier and you'll be back up to speed, no matter how much time has passed since your last encounter. No more forgetting important events or back-tracking through old conversations, with Dossier you'll be moving forward with every step.
• Edgeworks Entertainment - The official app of Edgeworks Entertainment is now available on the App Store! Completely custom-coded by Alexander Winn, this app pulls content straight from EdgeworksEnt.com so you're always up-to-date with the latest news, videos, and community interactions from your favorite new media production company. Read the latest news; browse our library of webseries; stream videos straight to your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad; share them your friends using AirPlay on an AppleTV; and browse the hundreds of thousands of posts on our community forums, all right from the palm of your hand.
• tellYouWhat/tellYouWhat Pro/tellYouWhat Pro for Mac - Keep your thoughts organized with these person-oriented note-taking apps! tellYouWhat interfaces directly with your Address Book, allowing you to seamlessly add people and begin jotting down thoughts, reminders, lists and more! Keep notes at a meeting, remember ideas for future discussion, or even record a kind gesture or a birthday gift idea, all tied intuitively to the person's name. With a streamlined interface, thumbnail photos and an alphabetical list centered around the names of the people your notes are about, tellYouWhat handles your organization and lets you to focus on the big picture.
You can also browse my whole iOS portfolio on iTunes, or check out everything I'm working on (from apps to movies to websites and more) at the new AlexanderWinn.com.
Please, please, PLEASE help spread the word about these apps, especially Zombified (as it is my bestseller and the one with the widest audience). Share them on Facebook, leave 5-star ratings and glowing reviews, upvote them on reddit, tweet about them, show them to your friends, anything you can think of. Smoke signals and carrier pigeons, the works. The more money I can make from these, the more time and resources I can put into webseries and movies for Edgeworks, along with the other exciting projects I have lined up! Plus, you'll be doing me a great favor, and I cannot express how grateful I will be for your help.
Thank you, so much, in advance to any-and-everyone who helps spread the word about Zombified and the rest of my app collection, and I look forward to hearing what you think about them!
May 29th 2013 at 2:00pm
Edgeworks Goes Mobile
Hey, folks. I have some exciting news for you today, especially for all of you with iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads!
As you may know if you've checked out AlexanderWinn.com lately, I've been learning how to develop apps for Mac OS X and iOS. I've got a bunch of ideas all ready to be coded, and several already completed for my own personal use, but I thought that my first public iOS app on the App Store should be something special. And what could be more special than Edgeworks Entertainment?
And so, it is with great pleasure that I announce the official Edgeworks Entertainment iOS app! It has been approved and is ready to download right now onto your favorite iOS device.
Using this app, you can keep up-to-date with the latest Edgeworks news, browse our entire library of videos and stream them to your mobile device (or to an AppleTV using Airplay), and browse our entire forum. It's a handy little tool and getting better all the time, so check it out, spread the word, and don't forget to rate us on the App Store!
May 14th 2013 at 9:24pm
Hey, folks. Well it's been quiet around here for a little while, and while I fully expect to have more news to share before too long, I thought I'd let you all in on my other, non-Edgeworks-related projects.
I just finished a complete re-tooling of AlexanderWinn.com, so that it now shows off all of my many projects, with logos and descriptions and links. Feel free to check it out, so you can stay updated on not only my video projects (which will also be posted here on Edgeworks), but everything else I'm working on as well!
Feb 9th 2013 at 7:52pm
Happy Feb 9th!
Hey, folks. Happy February 9th! For us here at Edgeworks it's the biggest day of the year, and this year is no different.
Our first update is a small one, but important: our Online Store is once again fully-stocked with physical merchandise. The supplier we had been working with was shut down, but we've found a new one and we are back up and running. So if you were waiting to buy a Codex Soundtrack, or one of the other items in our store, you're good to go!
If you followed that link, you may have noticed our second update: exactly one year after the release of Episode 1 of The League of Ordinary Gamers, we are finally ready to release the League Season 1 DVD!
This DVD is jam-packed with special features, including several making-of featurettes, a blooper reel, teasers and trailers, and more, on top of the full nine episodes of Season 1. And, for those of you who have been with us for a while, you'll also know that it is an important milestone for Edgeworks: after years of being unable to sell DVDs of The Codex and The Heretic because of copyright issues, we are finally able to stock DVDs of our newest series. It's an exciting moment for Edgeworks Entertainment, and this DVD certainly lives up to the expectation.
Finally, we wouldn't want to release something as big as this DVD without a little taste for our fans, so our third and final update is a DVD Trailer for everyone to enjoy. It shows off just a little of what can be enjoyed on the full product. To see the rest, just order one now!
Edgeworks Entertainment has been, in many ways, my life for the last eight years, and that would not have been possible without the fans. We've had some slow periods and some setbacks, but it has always been a pleasure. And even now, it continues to be a source of friendship and fun, even as I continue work on...
Well, you'll see.
Happy February 9th, everyone, and stay tuned!
Oct 20th 2012 at 5:03pm
LEAGUE on IMDb
Hey, folks. We have an exciting announcement today: The League of Ordinary Gamers is now officially on IMDb!
This is mostly just a bragging-rights kind of achievement, but there is one thing you can help us out with: IMDb features a 10-star rating system for each item in its database, so if you have a moment, go click on that 10th star for us! We want a nice, high rating so people are encouraged to check us out.
In the meantime, work continues on the scripts for Season 2, as well as on fund-raising to make it possible. We'll keep you posted as things progress, but for now I just want to say congratulations to the cast and crew on their new IMDb credit, and thank you to the fans for making it possible!
Find us on Facebook
Check this out...